Ask Our Experts: How to Fight Cancer
Dr. Vinod Raina
MD (AIIMS), MRCP (UK), FRCP (Edinburgh and London)
Head of Department & Director of Medical Oncology and Haematology
Dr. Vinod Raina is one of India’s foremost Medical Oncologists with more than 30 years experience in field of Medical Oncology. Till recently he was Professor and Head of Medical Oncology at AIIMS. He has performed approximately 250 transplants personally and under his headship AIIMS performed largest number of transplants in India for various cancers in the last 10 years. He also brings tremendous research experience and has been Principal investigator of approximately 50 projects at AIIMS in the last 23 years. He is also the Co-Founder of INDOX network.
- Professor of Medical Oncology at AIIMS 2001-2013
- Head Medical Oncology Department at AIIMS April 2007-2013
- Head Cancer Center, Royal Hospital, Muscat, Oman: 2 years and 4 months (2001-2004)
- Conducting DM course in Medical Oncology for the last 15 years, have trained about
- 60 DM students, these students are holding consultant positions at important places in
- in India and abroad
- Transplants; Performed first high dose chemotherapy and peripheral blood stem cell
- transplant in India in 1994, till now have personally performed approximately 250
- transplants including approximately 70 allotransplants for various cancers
- Hon Research Fellow of Oxford University for 5 years (2005-1010)
- Headed Delhi Cancer Registry at AIIMS for 5 years. (2005-2010)
- Headed record section of IRCH for 3 years.
- Associate Editor of Annals of Oncology 2008-2011
Education and Fellowship:
- MD (Med) AIIMS, 1977
- Senior Residency Medicine, Haematology: AIIMS 1978-1980
- MRCP UK 1987, FRCP (Ed) 1994, FRCP (London) 2013.
- Clinical Research Fellow Medical Oncology, Glasgow 1986-1989
- On faculty of AIIMS since Jan 1990 (Medical Oncology), over 23 years.
- Fellowships in various aspects of Oncology, UK, USA and Canada.
- All adult cancers with special interest in Breast, Lung Cancer, Lymphomas, Acute and Chronic Leukemias, Bone marrow and Stem Cell transplants and GI cancer s etc.
Research and Publications:
- Principal investigator of approximately 50 projects in AIIMS, the largest number.
- Received research funding from Oxford University, University of London, NCI-USA, DBT, ICMR and others.
Here’s a chance to have your questions answered by some of the country’s leading Cancer experts. Send in your queries using the form below.