Rules Of The Game
National Safety Science Quiz 2017 aspires to instill greater awareness on the need for safety practices in India. This unique endeavour, initiated in 2014 by UL, the global safety science leader, aims to inspire school students for a safer India. The national level quiz is a platform to impart education on safety practices and spread the message of safety science through safety education across the country.
Here are some of the important rules and regulations related to participation in the National Safety Science Quiz:
- The National Safety Science Quiz (“Quiz”) 2017 is organized by Underwriters Laboratories (“UL”) in association with New Delhi Television Limited (“NDTV”).
- Only school students of classes 9th to 12th (both inclusive) are eligible to participate in the National Safety Science Quiz 2017.
- Students of schools affiliated to any Education Boards are eligible to participate.
- The Quiz is open to Indian Citizens residing within the geographical territory of India only.
- Entry is through online registrations only. If you are a student who wishes to participate, you will need to register yourself online. Once you register online you will have generated a UID (unique identification number), that will also be your login password.
- All registered students will be eligible to take Round 1 Quizwith 10 questions in an MCQ Format.
- The scores obtained in this test will be shared with the school, but will not be taken into account for the Qualifying.
- Once student completes Round 1, they are eligible for Round 2 QUIZ.
- Online Round 2 will be a timed test, where each student will get 15 minutes to attempt 25 questions in an ( Multiple Choice Question) MCQ Format.
- Students can use the user name & Unique Ids to take the online tests from anywhere and any device.
- Students will be allowed a maximum of 2 attempts for Round 2 of the Online Quiz and the best of 2 scores will be taken into consideration for Qualifying for the next level
- The organizers shall facilitate the online test, and evaluate the entries.
- The merit list with scores of all participating students will be sent to their respective schools, where they will announce the Top 4 qualifying students who will take part in the zonal rounds
- The list of Qualifying students will also be put up on the microsite
Zonal Level Quiz:
- The 4 best students from each school shall represent the school at the Zonal Level Quiz. These will be organized at New Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow, Bangalore, Chennai, Bhubaneshwar, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. Travel and/or other costs shall not be paid/ reimbursed to schools participating in the Zonal Level Quiz.
- Each Zonal Level Quiz comprise of a written round and an on-stage round. The top 6 teams shortlisted from the written round shall compete in the on-stage round. Both rounds shall be held at the same venue on the same day.
TV Rounds: Quiz Semi Finals & Finals at New Delhi:
- The winners and runners-up from each city shall be invited to come to New Delhi to participate in the TV rounds.
- Top 20 winners and runners up team from the Zonal levels take part in 4 Semi Finals Rounds to be held at New Delhi.
- The winning teams from each of the 4 Semi Finals will then take part in the GRAND FINALE Quiz.
- Please note that the winners will have to bear a gift tax of 30%, in case of any cash prizes that are given away at any or all stages of the Quiz show.
- Family members of UL, NDTV and its subsidiary companies and Xpress Minds are not allowed to participate in this Quiz.
- Any attempt to influence the results will be construed as an unfair move and such teams will be disqualified.
- The participants understand and agree that participation in the Quiz are sponsored activities and the participation is voluntary on the part of the Student.
- The participants understand that NDTV in consultation with UL may alter or change the format of the Quiz, as well as the content of the applicable rules in relation to the Quiz and that NDTV in consultation with UL, has the right to deviate, in so far as is reasonable, from the format of the Quiz, Rules or to supplement and/or change them.
- The participants agree to abide by all the rules and regulations in relation to the Quiz and to co-operate in every manner and to follow instructions of NDTV regarding qualification for and appearing on the Quiz.
- The participants understand that all the rights including but not limited to the intellectual property rights, copyrights and all other allied, ancillary and subsidiary rights in any and all media in and to the photographs, tapes, movies and recordings of everything you say and do in the Quiz, promotional activity and/or otherwise in and to the Quiz whether now known or subsequently invented or may at any time after the date of the Agreement be entitled by virtue of or pursuant to any laws in force in the world shall vest with UL and NDTV or its affiliates absolutely for perpetuity, throughout the world. Participants grant NDTV and UL a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and to create derivative works of all photographs, tapes, movies and recordings of the participants related to the Quiz, promotional activity and/or otherwise in and to the Quiz concerning the participants related to the Quiz, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, and any other standard purposes. NDTV or UL will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- The participants understand and agree that UL & NDTV shall have the right to exploit the Quiz and/or any footages relating to me by any and all means throughout the world and shall also have the right to syndicate, license to third party, edit, cut, translate, dub, package or alter the Quiz and/or any footages relating to your participation and/or my family as stated herein, and to combine them with other material for any purposes.
- The participants declare that they release UL & NDTV, their directors, employees, contractors and agents from and against any actions, claims and/or demands that you may have now or in the future in relation to the Quiz; the broadcast of the Quiz. You waive your right to file either yourself or through your family, any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any court or forum in India and/or any other jurisdiction, against NDTV to claim any damages or reliefs.
- The participants agree to indemnify and agree to keep UL & NDTV, its employees, or any other person directly or indirectly connected to the Quiz indemnified against any claim, loss, damages and liability arising as a result of your participation in any photo-shoots, workshops/ assignments, the Quiz, auditions and/or otherwise.
- NDTV and UL reserve the right to cancel any part of or the entire Quiz.
- The Management of NDTV & UL reserve the right to cancel/ postpone/ stop the Quiz at its discretion or change all or any part of terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation of any kind and being liable for any consequential losses/ damages.
- Nothing herein amounts to a commitment or representation by NDTV or UL to conduct further or other quizzes/ contests.
- Comments of winners or materials sent to NDTV & UL including feedback and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential. NDTV & UL are free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback and Quiz entries without limitations or obligation of any kind. NDTV & UL are also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any purpose. NDTV & UL reserve the right to analyse and summarize data that they collect and also reserve the right to publish, distribute, share summaries of the data collected with sponsors or other business partners without limitations or obligations of any kind.
- The decision of NDTV and UL and/ or its respective representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents with respect to the Quiz, any matter related thereto including the choice of questions or the manner of choosing of winners will be final and binding on all participants and no questions, correspondence, enquiries, etc. on the manner of conduct of the Quiz from any party whatsoever will be entertained.
- In no event shall NDTV & UL’s liability for any claim made by any participant for any reason exceed Rs. 5000/-.
- In case of any dispute in relation to your participation in the Quiz, UL, NDTV and You will try to resolve such dispute by negotiations in an amicable manner. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. It is understood that the Court of New Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute between arising in connection to your participation in the Quiz.
- The interpretation and implementation of the Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of UL, NDTV and Xpress Minds Edutainment. Their decisions shall be final and binding, and not subject to challenge or appeal.
- The participation of the students in the Quiz shall mean that they acknowledge that they have carefully read and understood the Terms and Conditions of the Quiz and that they agree to adhere to and comply with the foregoing Terms and Conditions (as they now stand or as they may be changed or amended hereafter).
For any queries regarding the quiz/registration, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org