Safety Science Themes
Nobody thinks of being safe on the road as a science or preventing a fire as science. However, but it’s true, being safe is not just good fortune, but it’s actually a science! From personal safety to cyber safety and safety pertaining to things like electricity, vehicles and machines, here are a few themes around which the safety science, which will help you prevent any dangerous situations under any circumstances, is based.
1. Personal Safety: at home, on the road, in school, at the playground, at public facilities, while travelling, at leisure, on holiday, etc.
2. Safety Pertaining To Things (Their Use And Repair): electricity, machines, appliances, equipment; vehicles like cycles, cars, motorcycles, buses etc.
3. Cyber Safety: privacy safety, cyber harassment or bullying issues, mobile phone and social media issues, Identity theft, phishing and spamming
4. Environmental Issues: quality testing, standards, manufacturing hazards, disposal of e-waste, etc.
5. Food Hygiene: would include knowledge of allergens, storage practices of food, cooking standards, Carcinogens in food, items of daily life
6. Preventing Accidents At Home: in the bathroom, on roofs, water tanks, etc
7. Safety At Workplace: top tips to help employees implement workplace safety into their daily routines to reduce the risk for workplace injury and fatalities
8. Basic Toxicology In Nature: plants you should not touch, insects, snakes; in daily life.
9. Accidents In Public Places: stations, airports, markets and malls, while using elevators and escalators, crowd safety
10. History Of Safety Regulations: Laws and legislation governing safety
11. Safety For The Disabled: This is a means to create a more sensitive society
12. Questions On Accidents: These are based on analytics of statistics collated on accidents
13. Adventure Sports: Safety measures that one should take while practicing in an extreme/adventure sports