Grohe NDTV Design And Architecture Awards 2016: Rules And Regulations
1. House award: Climatic Zone: Hot & Dry
2. House award: Climatic Zone: Warm & Humid
3. House award: Climatic Zone: Cold
4. House award: Climatic Zone: Temperate
5. Interior award: Office
6. Interior award: Retail
7. Interior award: House
8. Interior award: Hospitality
9. Interior Award:Institutional Building
10. Environmental Design
11. Architecture Award: Office
12. Architecture Award: Retail
13. Architecture Award: Hospitality
14. Architecture Award: Institutional
15. Architecture Award: Group Housing
16. Master planning: all projects of site area > 50acre –
17. Landscape Award
18. Heritage Architecture Award
19. Infrastructure Architecture Award
20. Public Spaces Design
21. Emerging Architect of the Year
• Participants applying for the Awards should be architects and interior designers residing within the geographical territory of India. (Firms & Sole Proprietorships based in India only)
• Only the projects which have been completed between 1st January, 2014 and 30th November, 2016 are eligible for participation. Not yet started/ future projects/ partially completed/ incomplete projects are not eligible for participation except in the ENVIROMENTAL DESIGN CATEGORY
• Employees and immediate family members of NDTV, sponsors and partners of the awards are not allowed to participate in the Awards
• The final eligibility of the Participant will be subject to the discretion and approval of Jury.
Participation in the awards is subject to terms and conditions/ rules and regulations laid down here and are also available on the website www.ndtv.com/daawards/
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE ENVIRONMENTAL AWARDS
Any project can be entered under the Environmental design category. The awards will be judged based on how the design had responded to the local climatic conditions and incorporated passive features to reduce consumption requirements.
For your information some examples of passive features are
• Optimized Form/Orientation
• Thermal Mass / Insulation
• Solar Shading
• Maximize Day lighting and yet reducing Glare
• Natural Ventilation
• Microclimate Modification / Evaporative Cooling
• Vegetation (Trees for shade, Green Roofs etc.)
• Local Materials
• Water Management, water waste management
• Energy generation and management
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR EMERGING ARCHITECT OF THE YEAR
- Architects can be nominated or may apply themselves for this award
- Age limit: Up to 40 years
- Presentation: Three A2 boards showing the portfolio of works. Each project to be limited to a max of 2 images
- Curriculum vitae of no more than two A4 pages, which describe the nominee’s educational qualifications, career history, experience and contribution to architecture
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION FORM (VIA WEB PORTAL ONLY)
• Nomination forms are to be filled out on the web portal www.ndtv.com/daawards/
• Participants can nominate multiple projects within a particular Award Category, and a particular project within multiple Award Categories. Participants need to register separate nominations for each project nominated in each Award Category.
• Each nomination must be supplemented by two A2 sized boards except in the case of MASTER PLANNING* (landscape or portrait format).
• Rules to prepare A2 boards are as under:
o The boards must include project name, location, plans, photographs/ drawings of completed projects, and a brief written description of the project and design process in English. There is no limit on the number of images that can be used as long as the entire presentation does not exceed the two boards – however all the information mentioned should be clearly visible and legible.
o Maximum board size is 420 x 594mm (approximately 16.5 inches x 23.4 inches)
o When you register a project in an Award Category, a six digit unique numerical code will be generated by NDTV. The code needs to be written on the bottom right of the A2 board being submitted.
o To ensure anonymity in judging, names of entrants or collaborating parties must not appear on any part of the board.
o *MASTER PLANNING: The number boards in this category can exceed more than two to a maximum of four boards.
TIMELINES & RECEIPT OF ENTRIES
• Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on circumstances. Awards Management and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards or its ceremony or any part of its processes or public voting on account of any factors beyond its control.
• Last date for receiving completed application forms, along with supporting documents is 18:00 hrs. Indian Standard Time on 10th December, 2016.
• Awards Ceremony will be held on 20th Jan, 2017.
• Receipt of application forms after last date of receipt specified may be permitted only at the discretion of the Awards Management.
• Awards Management will not be responsible for application forms that are damaged / lost due to lack or lapse in any communication on account of internet failure.
• All the nominations received shall be collated and presented to the Jury for evaluation, based on pre-defined evaluation criteria, to determine the nominees & winners in each Award category. Awards Management reserves the right to reclassify nomination from one category to another category without requiring prior approval from the participant.
• If a nomination is shortlisted, then one representative of the shortlisted company must be available to attend the Awards Ceremony).
• Jury scores or ranking will be tabulated by the Auditors to determine one (or more) Final Winner(s) in each award category.
• The winner will be declared at the Awards Ceremony to be held in Mumbai and be presented with the Award.
• Participants may be contacted for any additional information to verify the information provided. Such information sourced from the Participants will become part of the original v6sapplication
• The participant agrees that the participant is legally capable of entering and, if selected, participating in the Awards and agrees to the terms and that the participant is competent (i.e. the participant is of legal age and mental capacity) and eligible to enter into this legally binding agreement on the participant.
• The participant understands and agrees that merely participating in these Awards does not entitle the Participant to a prize or to any other form of consideration.
• The participant must enter the Awards at their own will and the Awards Management are not in any way obligated or liable for any loss or costs that the Participant may suffer or incur and nothing is payable to the Participants for participating in the Awards or any event prior to or following the Awards.
• Participants for the purpose of entering the Awards, automatically grants NDTV a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use and display such entry, for participation in the Awards, and any intellectual property in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Awards and footage thereof, which shall include trade publications, press releases, electronic posting to the Website, the NDTV website in any display format selected by NDTV during the Awards or use by NDTV as it deems fit.
• The Awards Management reserves the right to, at its discretion, withdraw or amend or add to the T&C of the Awards at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards, the Awards being withdrawn or its Terms amended.
• All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at New Delhi, India.
• The Participants indemnify NDTV, its employees, officers, contractors, partner or other persons used by them in relation to this Awards and hold them harmless against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any or all claims, that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with the Participants participation in or winning the Awards, which is inconsistent with any of the warranties and representations made by the Participants, or due to breach of these Terms and shall reimburse NDTV for any loss, costs, expense, or damage to which said indemnity applies. NDTV shall give the Participant prompt written notice of any claim or actions covered by this indemnity, and the Participant shall have the right, at its own expense, to participate in any such action.
• Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all Participants and no correspondence will be entertained on the same.
• In the event these Terms do not cover any question or complaint in relation to the Awards, the same will be concluded on by the Awards Management (for all other issues) or an independent body or legal team as appointed by the Awards Management and deemed necessary.
• The Participant agrees to give full consent unconditionally for NDTV to share any information provided by the Participant with agencies working with them with regards to the program, its recording and broadcasting and related activities including agencies involved with NDTV.
• Comments of participants or materials sent to NDTV including feedback and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential. NDTV is free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback and Awards nominations without limitations or obligation of any kind. NDTV is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any purpose. NDTV reserves the right to analyze and summarize data that we collect and also reserves the right to publish, distribute, share summaries of the data collected with sponsors or other business partners without limitations or obligations of any kind.
• Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any mishap, accident, injury or damages etc. of whatsoever nature, caused to the participants during the Awards. Further, Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused during the Awards.
• Determination of whether information provided as fair and accurate rests with the Jury and Awards Management.
• Participant warrants and represents to the Awards Management that all information including any communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material submitted or recorded in any manner by the Participant or the partners of Awards Management including Awards Management for consideration for the Awards are solely owned by the Awards Management and do not infringe upon any other individual or organizational rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights). Participant shall be completely responsible for handling any infringement or alleged infringement and shall indemnify the NDTV entities (in India or abroad), and the Awards Management from any claims, costs or damages from infringement or alleged infringement of the logo or trademark or the defense of a claim or any costs payable thereof.
• We are fully committed to applicable laws related to the collection of data and to our carefully considered policy on data collection. You are required to give us the correct details about yourself and NDTV will not be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, for any wrong details submitted.
• If at any time, during the Awards process, any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be disqualified from the Awards.
• If, after the conclusion of the Award ceremony, any information provided by any participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, the participant will be liable to return the Award and any monetary / non-monetary incentives provided as part of the Award (in case of Winner).
• The Award management will require a letter from the Participant (in the case of Winner falling under the above Category), acknowledging that Participant application consisted of incorrect / misleading information which were not declared at the time of evaluation of the Award Management and during the process of selection of awards. The Participants must also acknowledge that the Award Committee reserves the right to publish the above-said letter in any manner they may choose to adopt.
• The decision of NDTV in relation to the interpretation of any of these Terms shall be final and binding on the participants.
• Right to permit participation is reserved with the Awards Management. Disqualification of nominations is at the sole discretion of the Jury, on a case by case basis.
• Awards Management has the right to ask for proof of information provided or audit the information provided in the nomination form or supplementary documents. If such a request is made and the participant does not share the requested information timely, the participant could be disqualified.
• Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Terms and conditions stated herein.
• The website is only an informational website www.ndtv.com/daawards) (the “Website”) for the Awards. NDTV or its subsidiaries or holding entities are not liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by Participant or anyone acting on Participant’s behalf or under Participant employment or under contract with Participant. NDTV shall not be under any obligation to Participant and Participant shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Awards and shall have no claims whatsoever against the NDTV relating to the selection process or the running of the Awards.
• If Participants are unclear as to the Terms or any element of the Awards or have any queries/concerns pertaining to the Awards, they can write in with their questions, concerns or queries to the following address: email@example.com